Prostate Cancer – Curing the Incurable with Care!
Cancerous growth on a tiny nut-shaped gland that secretes a fluid to nourish and transport sperm is called prostate cancer. It is one of the most widely known types of cancer that men develop. It is highly unlikely to happen with someone below the age of 40. However, the risk is comparatively higher after 65. Getting hit by Prostate Cancer is not just confined to someone’s age or sex but also genetic changes and family health history.
Keep a Regular Check on These Common Symptoms
There are many diagnostic procedures in order to determine the severity of prostate cancer. Nevertheless, it is always good diligence to keep a tab on signs and symptoms.
- Discomfort while passing urine
- Pain in the lower back
- Bleeding while urinating/ in the semen
- Swollen legs
How Is It Diagnosed?
Prostate Cancer is diagnosed using techniques like;
- Digital Rectal Exam (DRE): The doctor uses a gloved and lubricated finger in order to detect any abnormalities in structure.
- Prostate – Specific Antigen Test (PSA): PSA levels are monitored in the blood sample. Usually it has been noticed that those diagnosed with prostate cancer suffer with high PSA levels.
- Other means used to deter the severity are Ultrasound, biopsy, Bone scans and X-rays and CT and MRI scans.
Indian medical institutions provide a wide variety of options for the treatment of an enlarged prostate or prostate cancer.
- Laser Surgery for Enlarged Prostate cancer Green Light Laser: The photo selective vaporization of the prostate or commonly known as the Green Light Laser has come up to be the treatment of choice among a majority of patients. It is a favorite cause of the following benefits;
- It is virtually a bloodless procedure.
- Shorter stay at the hospital.
- Quick return to normalcy
- No visible scars
- Radical Prostatectomy Surgery: This procedure mainly concentrates on removal of the entire gland and its nearby lymph nodes. Once the gland is dispatched, a narrow rubber tube is inserted and put in the bladder for urine to be sent out until the body completely heals. The highlight of this procedure is that in many cases after removal of gland, the patient was completely cured.
- External Beam Radiotherapy: this procedure involves bombardment of high energy waves on the cancer to completely cure or curb it. The machine used for this procedure is called linear accelerator.
- Radiotherapy: This treatment includes a very high dosage of radiation aimed at the prostate gland. If the cancer hasn’t spread to the nodes then this is the safest and most effective course of treatment.
- Hormone Therapy: One of the cancer boosters in the prostate is the male testosterone. This treatment focuses on reducing the amount of this hormone.
- Chemotherapy: It involves the use of drugs in order to curb and cure the cancerous growth.
In India – We Value Your Money
Indian world class hospitals offer treatments for prostate cancer at very reasonable and affordable prices as compared to other western countries. Cost estimates for complete diagnosis ranges between 1200 to 1500 USD. Surgeries expense up to 9500 USD. The package’s highlight is a private room stay for 4 days, including all charges of the hospital and surgeons within your package, and if you’re travelling from another destination or country, there is a pick and drop facility so that you don’t have to waste time getting familiar with the routes of your journey!
Let iClinic Be Your Best Shot
We have regularly and effectively provided all the required services to our customers. iClinic has taken medical tourism to another level and continues to deliver to both hospitals and patients. Don’t waste any more time and grab the best services for your treatment today!